June has been and gone, and it was another insanely busy month for me, with the result that I’ve made virtually no progress on my PPL and have had very few days off. The workload looked like this:
- 29 educational articles (2,000 words each – 58,000 words in total!!)
- A business profile/proposal doc for a client
- A sales email promoting a new resource website for another client
- Another whitepaper for the same client
- Some social media updates for the same client
- Two blog posts for Air Experiences
- A three-hour meeting writing blog posts and promotional letters for another client
- A blog post on online accessibility for another client
- Six more events listings for the prestigious/luxury client
On top of that:
- Our parents met for the first time when we all had lunch together in Cirencester; they got on really well!
- We’ve flown to the Isle of Wight for the day
- We’ve flown to Dover for the day
- We visited Packwood House
- We’ve started crewing for the hot air balloon again
- And I’m still volunteering for Guide Dogs every Thursday morning, walking dogs/puppies
I’m coping ok with this much bigger workload, though I sometimes wish I could have more time off. It gets pretty intense when I’m struggling to get everything written and then I have edits to make on top of that, and new projects to price up, invoices to send/chase, accounts to keep (theoretically – still behind on that!), and a life to live. Hence why I’m not updating this blog so often now!
As ever, you can keep up to date with my non-work activities over at www.cosylife.co.uk.
Are you a travel company? Are you looking for someone who’ll write engaging travel-related content that keeps people coming back to your website and boosts your Google rankings?
I can help – and better still, I can give you an exclusive 20% discount!
Here’s a little overview of my travel sector experience…
Whatever the destination, and whatever the angle, I can promise you well-researched, interesting copy that people want to read and share. What’s more, with my SEO background, I know what works when it comes to content that boosts your Google rankings.
Travel writing is my biggest writing passion and I’m keen to work with more travel companies, so if you’d like me to write for you, get in touch now and claim your exclusive 20% discount off your first piece of content to try my services for yourself.
Smallprint: offer valid for your first piece of content from me. Offer expires 31/3/14.
I did something pretty scary a couple of weeks ago. I quit my job.
Giving up the financial security of a permanent job may sound slightly mad in these times of economic uncertainty, but I felt it was high time I did what I’ve always wanted to do and set myself up as a freelance copywriter. Copywriting is what I’ve always been most interested in career-wise, and having worked in a rapidly growing travel company and two digital agencies, I’ve had lots of opportunity to build up an enviable portfolio of copywriting work, including Skyscanner and Lancaster University.
Now I feel it’s time for me to take things to the next level by taking the bold step of branching out on my own, which will have the added benefit of giving me the flexibility I need to be able to fly on the rare occasion the weather is actually good enough (at the moment, it’s just my luck that every time the weather is nice I’m chained to my desk!).
I’m going to be officially freelance as of 15 October, offering the full range of copywriting services, both online and offline, but specialising in website content – primarily on-site copy, blogging and news sections. In preparation, I’ve already added a couple of new pages to my site, giving some information about why you should hire me and my rates.
As if this weren’t big enough career news, Lee and I are also setting up a business together doing something completely different, but that will also make use of my skills as a copywriter and my wider digital marketing experience. But more news on that in the next week or two once I finally finish building the website… Watch this space!
Meanwhile, if you’d like to have the honour of becoming my first official freelance client, just fill in the form below to send me an email!